12/08/2010

Classic Albums - Dark Sun Riders


I grew up on political rap of the 1980's, I worshiped Chuck D and Public Enemy. Also at that time a group by the name of X Clan was making a lot of noise. I wasn't a huge fan of them as a young cat but as I get older I appreciate them more and more. Brother J was the MC of X Clan and is one of the best rappers of all time! His flow and voice are so unique and his lyrics are so bad ass and profound, I always find new information in them. 

During the 1990's, long after X Clan was a distant memory, Brother J and the peeps started a one off project called Dark Sun Riders. This is one of the most slept on albums of all time in my opinion! The lyrics and production were so ahead of it's time. This song, simply called "Dark Sun Riders" is one of the best off the album. If you can find it, cop it! Peace to the GODS and the EARTH.

No comments: