2/02/2011

Classic Albums - Boogie Monsters "Riders of the Storm: The Underwater Album



Boogie Monsters are a heavily slept on group from the 90's, I believe their debut album "Rider's of the Storm" came out somewhere around '92 or so, right around when I was graduating from high school. 


When I first heard this album it absolutely blew my mind!! The lyrics were definitely on some other shit, styles and patterns I had never heard in rap before. The production was unique and totally ahead of its time but it was the theme of the album that really grabbed my attention, talk of consciousness, ancient teachings, religion, etc. it was unlike anything else that came out at the time in the 90's. 


This album, and in particular, its main single "Recognized Thresholds of Negative Stress" influenced me heavily and shaped the next generation of music I sought out. If you don't know Boogie Monsters, now you do. Go and find this album!! 

No comments: